Geneva, IL area C02 tank and refill options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiveolddogs

Reaction score
I'm in the Geneva area and am looking to put together my first carbonation system. It would be great to have a list of area shops that fill and/or sell tanks. I'm looking at a 5lb tank right now.

Thanks!

Now looking at 10lb tanks as well.

If anyone has a good source for tanks or gas in the western Chicagoland suburbs, I would love to hear about it.

Search for Welding Supplies in your area. They should be able to fill you up.

I tried that. Most places won't fill, but the ones that do are quoting me about $150 for a filled 5lb tank and offer an exchange for $28.

These prices seem pretty far off from those I see discussed on this forum.

Wow. We sell a 5lb for $9.95, a 10lb for $12 and a 20lb for $14, but I'm in Louisiana so that doesn't really help you out. The only company that I know of even remotely close to you is Indiana Oxygen... but as the name implies, they're in Indiana (http://www.indianaoxygen.com/locations/).

FWIW, I'd look into getting a 50lb tank and a means to transfill into smaller tanks. It'll cost a bit up front, but it will save you loads in the long run. Actually, that's exactly what I am going to do.

Latest posts

Back