GE 7 CF Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordsnore

Reaction score
I started brewing about a year ago and quickly fell in love with the obsession. I started kegging a few months ago and after looking at all your keezers I decided to try my hand at building one.

First thank you all for the inspiration.

I ordered the GE 7 CF freezer from home depot. I had to build 2 collars (be sure to check that you have right angles the first time around, haha).

Here's the collar stained and sealed.
9qgp.jpg

I didn't want to lift full kegs above the collar so I opted to attach the collar to the lid with gorilla epoxy.
f609.jpg

Drilled some holes for the towers. I want to have place copper tubes for the beer line to stay chilled.
k6c4.jpg

Used chalkboard paint but I had a lot of trouble getting a nice smooth surface. Do you guys think this is alright?
4unw.jpg

igon.jpg

Used 3 layers of .5 in rigid foam insulation and some foil tape.
69nr.jpg

mgy0.jpg

I left those areas insulation free so I can attach the collar to the freezer body with machine screws. I'll put the insulation back when that's done.

That's as far as I've gotten. I hope to finish in the next few days. I plan to attach the secondary regulator to the lid instead of the collar so I can easily read the psi without tilting my head. I also got myself a bilge blower and need to look around my house for a 2-3 V charger.

Productive day today.

Mounted the regulator to the lid to easily read the PSI.
exfe.jpg

cn6t.jpg

Connected collar to body and all tubing. I opted for copper pipes to help chill the lines in the tower.
nw55.jpg

Kegs loaded up.
gw1u.jpg

The drip tray drain is connected with a hose to a bottle of water.
ov69.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the build
pc31.jpg

a0pg.jpg

What does everyone think?

Looks pretty good. Is that a Zombie dust clone? If not how did you get that?

Thanks. Yeah, they're all clones. I just wrote them as quick reminders for what's on each tap. Tomorrow I'll organize and properly name each beer with details.

Back