Gas hose disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmudrick

Reaction score
I wanted to put a quick disconnect mid-line from my regulator to my manifold for easy disconnect and movement of my co2 tank (currently outside of my keezer, snaked through a hole in my collar.) Pulling the tubing off of the manifold barb gets annoyingly taxing after the 2nd time doing it.

I bought gas quick disconnects from northernbrewer (Polysulfone Female Gas Disconnect 1/4 Barb) - but these guys are 1/4" barbs and way too small for my gas tubing (Gas Hose, Red, 5/16 ID, 9/16 OD, Per Foot) which appears to be 5/16".

Any ideas on where I could get something similar to what NB sells but properly sized? I tried searching mcmaster-carr but quickly got overwhelmed with all of the options.

Great, I'll look locally for plain air compressor disconnects. I guess there really is no need for the fancy poppet valve, since most likely any time I have it disconnected, I will also have the regulator turned off.

Picked up the goods at Lowes last night. Around $10. Good deal. Fits nicely - hopefully it does not leak :)

Back