Gas burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fesser

Reaction score
Hey,

I have bought a new gas burner, but i'm not sure if it's working as it should, or if it's mixing propane and air correctly, because the flame is yellow-orange-ish and it makes my kettle BLACK on the bottom! It fades away as i touch it but...I wonder if the same has happened to anyone.

I'm attaching a picture of it.

Thanks!

Sent from my LT15i using Home Brew mobile app

1390593600421.jpg

1390593628475.jpg

Based on the color and soot you state, you need more air in the mix, it is burning rich and deposited unburnt hydrocarbons (soot).

Yup, that burner is seriously fubar'd. What make & model is it, maybe someone can take a look at the whole thing in a decent picture and figure out why it looks like that...

Cheers!

Here http://www.jula.no/gasskoker-772178
It's being.sold in JULA Norway, where I live. It has a little lock which seemed.to regulate air intake, and I closed it. I'll test and see what happens by opening it...
Thanks!

Well, I went this morning to test it opened, and this was the result: a wonderful blue flame...
Thank you all for the absolutely useful answers!!!
Cheers!

Back