Garden hose?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

par383

Reaction score
Getting ready to brew tomorrow. My friend and I each just moved, and no longer have a gas stove to brew on (just an electric stovetop...) So I bought a turkey fryer...uhm...I mean a beer brewing kettle with propane burner. My question is, can I use water from the garden hose, or will it give my beer some off flavors? Am I better off filling up a bucket from inside and dragging it outside?

off flavors and lead both.. lol

IMO bring the water from inside.. or better yet, get some spring water from the store for 70 cents a gallon. There tends to be a lot of unwanted chemicals in tap water..

When I'm out working in the yard I like drinking from the hose but no way would I consider using that water for my beer. :tank:

Go to Home Depot, Lowe's or Wallyworld and get a white food grade RV water hose. If you go to Wallyworld, you can get an inline filter for about $17 that will take care of chlorine and a bunch of other stuff.

Back