FVM in a GrainFather? Biab style....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Reaction score
I'm looking at doing some smaller batches 12-13 litres (two crates of bottles) and I've been wondering about full volume mashing using my pre-Bluetooth GF.

As smaller batches are more or less the same amount of work as a full batch I'm keen to save any time and effort I can.

I brewed with a recirculating BIAB for a couple of years before my boiler finally gave out and I bought the GF so I'm happy with biab.

I have some questions:-
Do I need to line the malt pipe with a biab bag to allow me to use finer crushed grain?
Do I need to keep the top of the central overflow above the liquid level?
Is it even worth the bother?
Should I just use the small batch pipework?

Thanks All. Aamcle

Last edited:
I don't know enough about any of the AIO systems to offer advice. I would simply say that as a BIAB brewer I would want the ability to do a Full Volume Mash to be first on my list when asking, "is this right for me?"

I've been brewing with the GF for 3years (?not too sure) and it's effective but with less personal satisfaction than the BIAB kit I built.
I really want to cut down on time and effort if I'm to brew more smaller batches, it's usually only me drinking is 23 litres takes new long time and it can get tedious.

Atb

Back