funny golf story

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
so I'm waiting on an ebay auction for a new 4 iron.... How did I lose my other 4 iron, I'm glad you asked!
My wife golfs maybe twice a year. Last summer I took her to the First Tee in Chesterfield, VA. The First Tee are courses funded by the PGA for young or new golfers to practice without the pressure of playing on a big boy course. All the holes are named like Patience, Practice, Focus, etc. I'm an ok golfer, I shoot in the mid to upper 90's and the First Tee is good practice.
Anyway.....it's a real hot day, 90's and humid and we are carrying our bags. We make the turn and I stop and sit and have a powerade and a hot dog. We get up to the 10th tee, I take a few practice swings to loosen up. I take my first swing, totally chunk it and pull a muscle in my back. I walk it off, take my second swing, and chunk it even more. I must have hit the ground at least 5 inches behind the ball and again, hurt my back. I was so mad that I through my 4 iron at my golf bag and broke it into 3 pieces.
Now, I play with Wilson Fat Shafts. Any other frickin' club you can buy a new shaft and grip and fix your club. No one seems to sell Fat Shafts so I have to either send it back to Wilson or find a stray 4 iron to buy, thus the Ebay bid.

The funniest part about this story is the name of the 10th hole is........Sportsmanship. :D

you can find some good deals on brew at the weirdest places! Richmond Volleyball Club has like $5 pitchers.....

Baron von BeeGee said:
But is it good beer? The good thing about living in the sticks is that nobody likes good beer so it's always on sale.

Killians, Bud, Coors, that kind of stuff.

Nothing like this quality White Hawk IPA I cracked open. Cripes, what the hell is that aftertaste????? Anyone know if that comes from the hops they use? If so, what hops do they use so I can avoid them like the plague.

Back