FT: Westy12 or BCBS Coffee ISO: Barrel Aged Dark Lord

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickbtag

Reaction score
I'm new at this so please bear with me. I went to Belgium last year and brought home Westy12 and now hoping to trade. I also have BCBS Coffee.

Regular DL might be doable, but you may want to do some research on what it normally takes to get any BA dark lord (especially vanilla aka BVDL or Marshmallow Handjee). People go nuts for them. I have only traded 1 before, but was offered 2010 BCBS Rare, OG Vanilla, BCBS Bramble, Surly 5, Surly 6, and something else so couldn't pass it up (wasn't vanilla either).

There were people at Dark Lord Day waiting on people to walk out with bottles offering $300+ for the BA variants.

Regular DL might be doable, but you may want to do some research on what it normally takes to get any BA dark lord (especially vanilla aka BVDL or Marshmallow Handjee). People go nuts for them. I have only traded 1 before, but was offered 2010 BCBS Rare, OG Vanilla, BCBS Bramble, Surly 5, Surly 6, and something else so couldn't pass it up (wasn't vanilla either).

There were people at Dark Lord Day waiting on people to walk out with bottles offering $300+ for the BA variants.

Thanks for the info and help! That's a pretty sick deal. I'll start looking into what it may take to trade for the BADL. Do you think there would be any interest in Westy 12 or any BCBS variants for reg DL?

Thanks for the info and help! That's a pretty sick deal. I'll start looking into what it may take to trade for the BADL. Do you think there would be any interest in Westy 12 or any BCBS variants for reg DL?

There are a lot of people that probably haven't tried Westy 12 that would like to, just need to find the right person.

I recently traded 2 bottles of Westy12 for a regular Hunahpu, so I would think a regular Dark Lord would be good too.

Two questions:

1. (For everybody) Is it possible to research the BCBCS' lot numbers to ensure they're not infected before opening?

2. (For OP) How many do you have for trade?

I'm new at this so please bear with me. I went to Belgium last year and brought home Westy12 and now hoping to trade. I also have BCBS Coffee.

I have access to Heady, Pliny, Tropicalia, Hopslam - do any of these interest you? I have been looking for Westy for a while.

I know my trades aren't nearly as hard to find as what you have, but I have access to some special cigars as well that I could throw in if you happen to partake.

Also be aware... if you straight buy the darklord variant from 3floyds previous to this year the retail price was $50 ea.

Also be aware... if you straight buy the darklord variant from 3floyds previous to this year the retail price was $50 ea.

And first you had to scratch off a winning ticket (each person got one ticket)

And then you had to turn down the $300 that someone offered you as soon as you walked out of the building.

And then you had to turn down the $300 that someone offered you as soon as you walked out of the building.

True very true... my wife went with me she tried to sell one of my variants. Hence tried....lol.

I have access to Heady, Pliny, Tropicalia, Hopslam - do any of these interest you? I have been looking for Westy for a while.

I know my trades aren't nearly as hard to find as what you have, but I have access to some special cigars as well that I could throw in if you happen to partake.

I may be interested in pliney and heady. Pm me and maybe we can work something out.

Two questions:

1. (For everybody) Is it possible to research the BCBCS' lot numbers to ensure they're not infected before opening?

I'm not sure if it's possible to research the infected bottles numbers or not. I'd love some info on how to if you can.
I have a couple bottles I'd be willing to trade. Also have a few other releases from here in VA and a few others I could work in depending on what you are looking for.

Two questions:

Don't believe so, other than the date, the numbers on the bottles are time stamps not lot numbers. I believe all of the coffee was bottled on the same day and likely from the same batch(have not heard of anyone posting a bottle with another date) If you find one that isn't infected, it is just luck or has been stored so cold the infection hasn't grown.

Back