• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado FS Brutus 10 style COMPLETE setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conneryis007

Reaction score
One of the saddest days of my life was when my doctor told me I shouldn't consume gluten anymore :( The money for my second/third degree will come in handy too, but lets be real.....beer...

Selling my baby, who's plans, innovations and suggestions came entirely from spending an uncountable amount of hours on this site!

Not going to part the system out sorry.

This is a link to the craigslist posting:
http://denver.craigslist.org/for/4913454890.html

$3000 OBO
Willing to personally drive this system to you within reason and for the right price!
Everything works well and is just getting broken in with only ~20 brews on this system.

One of the saddest days of my life was when my doctor told me I shouldn't consume gluten anymore :( The money for my second/third degree will come in handy too, but lets be real.....beer...

Selling my baby, who's plans, innovations and suggestions came entirely from spending an uncountable amount of hours on this site!

Not going to part the system out sorry.

This is a link to the craigslist posting:
http://denver.craigslist.org/for/4913454890.html

$3000 OBO
Willing to personally drive this system to you within reason and for the right price!
Everything works well and is just getting broken in with only ~20 brews on this system.

You should try using Clarity Ferm in your beers. It is supposed to drop the gluten levels to 20 ppm which is low enough that it doesn't bother most people with gluten allergies. It would be worth a shot anyways. I would hate to see you have to sell all your brewing stuff!

He's right, they have done some experiments that make the amount of gluten left is low enough to be able to call it "gluten free" by FDA standards.

Are you by chance selling any other equipment? Stainless conical or a grain mill motor?

I did a lot of research on clarity ferm. A scientific study came to the conclusion that it doesn't actually remove the gluten, it just breaks it down into smaller parts. The test used to determine gluten content doesn't "see" the gluten because its looking for the full gluten "signature", not the smaller pieces.

Meckhart I'm selling everything Iv got, all in one bundle.

I did a lot of research on clarity ferm. A scientific study came to the conclusion that it doesn't actually remove the gluten, it just breaks it down into smaller parts. The test used to determine gluten content doesn't "see" the gluten because its looking for the full gluten "signature", not the smaller pieces.

Meckhart I'm selling everything Iv got, all in one bundle.

I realize you are probably set on selling but I first heard about Clarity Ferm on the Brew Strong podcast with John Palmer and Jamil Zainasheff. Jamil said that he had a customer that asked if he had any ciders because she was severely allergic to gluten and could not drink beer and hadn't for 10 years. He told her that cider was a winemaker's license and that he only has a brewing license but that he uses Clarity Ferm on most of his beers and that it is supposed to drop the gluten content down. She decided to try one and came back an hour later and ordered another one saying she felt great. Jamil asked her to email him the next day to see if it had any effects the next day. She emailed him the next day, as promised, saying that she felt great and even better now that she knew she could drink some beer without any allergic reaction.

John Palmer went into the science behind the product and said that it is an enzyme that breaks down proteins and gluten and makes them drop out of solution.

Have you tried Clarity Ferm? It is fairly inexpensive and, for me, would be worth a shot before quitting this great hobby!

PS- Sorry if you don't want to be talked out of quitting brewing.

Back