Freebies Scored

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisdaman77

Reaction score
O not sure if I should be stoked yet or not but I scored a bench capper and caps from a coworker who just had it laying around and did not know what it was really for since she got it when her grandfather passed away a while back. This is just the tip of what she has. She says there is more stuff but unsure as to what any of it is. Says it is going to the dump unless I want it. Not wanting to pass up free stuff I am taking all of what she has lol. Anyway here is the pics of what I have received so far. The capper does not have a name on it so not sure who makes it. Also put a picture of the caps I got from her. The caps have cork inside them. I would assume I will still be able to use them I hope since they are in great shape.

image-1850671298.jpg

image-953829418.jpg

image-3011078197.jpg

image-3936251250.jpg

image-964622868.jpg

image-705646355.jpg

That is what I thought. I am going to make a slight adjustment to the capper. I tried it out and it does do a great job. I just have to tweak where the handle finishes out once the cap is secured. I just don't like having my hand between the handle and the frame of it. Would rather have it mid way I think.

EDIT: From what I am reading and searching this is an Everedy.

Not really sure what to do with the caps. Should I just toss them? I mean really, can these be sterilized and used? I would think they are too porous and considering how old they are who knows what is living in them!

Back