Free CO2 distribution manifold.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiltLifter

Reaction score
Well, almost free.
93979.gif

I picked up a couple of these at harbour freight yesterday for $0.99
They actually have 4 holes - the two on top, one on the bottom between the 2 and the one on the end with the plug in it. I tied two of them together with a 1/4" close.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93979

They also have a 4x (5 holes?) manifold with air hose fittings in it for $9

Good find man. I was going to have a buddy machine me some but for $0.99 I think I'm going to drive the 1/4 mile to Harbor Freight and pick some up right now.

not sh*t? So what fittings to I need to hook this sumbitch up in between my main co2 line from the regulator and my gas lines into my kegs?

Evan,

Like Kiltlifter said all I did was purchase a 1/4" Close to attach two of them together and then a 1/4" NPT to 1/4" barb to go to the regulator. Between the manifold and the kegs I was going to see if I could find some 1/4" NPT x 1/4" Tube Push-to-connect shut-off valves. Has anyone used these for CO2? I think the only ones I'll be able to find will probably be Polypropylene, does anyone see this being a problem?

Jim Karr said:
Go Figure! I just called the store in Kalamazoo, and the gal quoted me $1.99!:confused: :confused: :confused:

If you bring the printout from the webpage to the store, then they will honor the $0.99 price.

Edwort, I will take some pictures of the ones that I made this evening when I get home.

I need a bit more help on this, as I'm a n00b on all this connector stuff. Could someone do me a favor and find the barbed NPT's @ harbor freight? I'm coming up empty.

Evan! said:
I need a bit more help on this, as I'm a n00b on all this connector stuff. Could someone do me a favor and find the barbed NPT's @ harbor freight? I'm coming up empty.

You won't find them online. I ran by my local harborfreight and they charged me $1.99 for the manfolds, but I picked up 1/4" NPT hose barbs for $1.69 each as well as a 1/2" brass ball valve for $5.99.

The item number for the barbs is 94423.

Do you guys plan on using any check valves on these to keep anything from flowing back into your Co2 tank (or into other kegs) etc? I've heard of some issues with beer flavors getting spread through the lines to differing styles.

While your there check out this:
REGULATOR GAUGE C02/ARGON
REGULATOR GAUGE C02/ARGON

* Designed for light and medium duty MIG/TIG welding jobs
* Cast brass with steel body gauge and chrome plated regulator
* Durable phenolic PVC knob

Max inlet pressure: 230-BAR/ 3335.8 PSI; Overall dimensions: 6-1/8"L X 5"W X 4-1/4"H; 0.960-14RH (CGA580) regulator thread with 0.830-14ADP

ITEM 94841-3VGA

$29.99

I get the barbed connectors from my neighborhood hardware store. They cost between $.60 - $2 depending on the size and type of barb.

For my manifold in my Sanyo I use one (currently) with a barb in the top for the CO2 in, and two check valve out the bottom with flare connections. Works great for keeping two kegs at same pressure, and I just let it hang from the regulator line. No need to connect it to the inside permanently.

I still haven't made it out to get the shut-off valves that I want to use but here is a pic of how I connected two of the manifolds together. My plan is to use a check valve coming out of the regulator. I have a double regulator so I am going to hook one of these up to each side and then set one at 20 psi for force carbing and one at serving pressure that way I never have to mess with anything

Picture:
http://people.rit.edu/dwv2280/IMG_0393.jpg

EdWort said:
Where did you get the piece to join them?

That is a 1/4" Close or 1/4" Close nipple. It was actually right above them on the rack when I went to Harbor Freight but you can get them at Lowe's or Home Depot also.

Next is trying to figure out how I'm going to mount them to the inside of the fridge. There's not much space between them and I can't go across them because of the out ports.

I ran across this thread and went to HFT last night and got everything I need to build a 4 output manifold and it was like $10 bucks. I only have 2 kegs, but since the gas disconnects are self sealing, I just went ahead and got those two. Have not hooked it up yet, but I'm going to soon.

Buying a manifold costs about $10 per port. I looked into building my own, but I felt that after a $7.50 ball valve (with integrated check valve to prevent suck-back), plus a $2 barbed fitting, plus the manifold itself, there's not much $$ to be saved there.

However, if you've got a source for cheap ball valves and don't mind not having the check valve, then it could be a simple cheap set up.

Best prices I've seen for manifolds is at kegkits.com. 2 ports for $22, 4 ports for $41.

If you always make sure that the kegs that you are hooking up are at a pressure less than your regulator where does the risk of suck back come from? Also the fact that you gas tube is no where near the beer would seem like a bit of insurance too. Not trying to be smart, I just don't see the risk. Could someone explain? I don't wanna mess up my regulator because I don't understand.

WortHog, thats the regulator I was thinking about getting. The price is right :)

I mentioned it to another beginner homebrewer (and kegger) and he said he was told he needs a 'beverage' co2 regulator. I can't imagine there would really be a difference though. It's all co2...

it dosent need to be a beverage co2 reg, but the harbor freight reg is for lietres per min, not pressure in psi. It's more of a flow regulator for welding. It will not work/be worth it. I had one, it got returned.

Well, almost free.
93979.gif

I picked up a couple of these at harbour freight yesterday for $0.99
They actually have 4 holes - the two on top, one on the bottom between the 2 and the one on the end with the plug in it. I tied two of them together with a 1/4" close.
Drip Irrigation Kit

They also have a 4x (5 holes?) manifold with air hose fittings in it for $9

I guess the link must have changed. cant seem to find it at harbor freight. do you know what this piece was called? Also the pictures posted of the finished item are no longer available. Could someone repost them... Thank Mike:mug:

I guess the link must have changed. cant seem to find it at harbor freight. do you know what this piece was called? Also the pictures posted of the finished item are no longer available. Could someone repost them... Thank Mike:mug:

I scoured their website trying to find that item, but it's nowhere to be found. Good luck.

I did find a different website that was selling something very close to this. It was a website selling items to make your own fishing lures, of all things. For fishing lure makers that use air brushes to paint their lures, this block works to split a single air line into multiple air lines so you can have more than one air brush going at a time. No, I can't find that link anymore.

It's just ridiculous. Those punks pay less than a dollar each for those threaded check valves, but they charge us suckers about ten bucks for each. It's highway robbery, I tell you.

We need to do a group buy for 100 check valves and save ourselves a ton of money.

Back