Franziskaner bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodyA

Reaction score
Alright, so this stuff is my favorite hefe so far. Picked up a few pints and a few six packs and have accumulated quite a few empties ready for some home brew. My question is, it the color of these bottles ok? They're amber, but not quite what you would see in a Sam Adams or New Belgium. Very light, almost yellowish brown. Does anyone else have experience with storing home brew in these bottles? Just a little worried about skunking, and don't want to have to make sure I shield from all light.

Even my darkest bottles I shield from light when I'm storing beers. So, to me it doesn't matter. I've used clear glass for some brews and love to put lagers in green ones. For beer bottles the general rule is: The darker the better. So, if your bothered by the concept of keeping the bottles in the dark....I think you've already answered your own question. ;)

****WARNING****

Fransiskaner is now owned by bohemoth Inbev, who has stated specifically that they are brewing with cheaper ingredients, and specifically, thinner glass bottles, to save money.

Back