Force carbing root beer in corny then to bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcrawfo2

Reaction score
I'm thinking about force carbing some root beer in a corny and then transferring to glass bottles to lower/eliminate the risk of bottle bombs.
First...I know there is still a little risk (stray yeast)....what else?
Second....what's my shelf life in the keg? In keg....does temp in the low 70s matter (un-refrigerated)? In the bottle?
Third....I know soda/root beer leaves a pretty strong taste on tubing. Do I need to dedicate all new hoses on everything (example...by Blichmann Beer Gun)? Or just things that are in long contact (such as serving lines).

You shouldn't have any issues with bottle bombs, as you wouldnt' be using yeast to carbonate.

Root beer will keep a long time at 70 degrees.

The beergun is stainless, but the tubing for it, and any o-rings, should be dedicated to "root beer" only.

If you can force carb the soda, and bottle it cold with a much longer line at about 2psi, this might work very well. Otherwise, if it's warm or the serving line is the "regular" size, foaming will be an issue.

Latest posts

Back