For those using Attwood Blowers in their Keezers, what is their longevity?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGW

Reaction score
I'm curious how long the Attwood Blowers are lasting in Keezers that are attached to 2" PVC pipe? Do you run yours 24/7 or are you cycling their run time? I've done searches, but came up empty handed-- I'm thinking of going with the PVC over the computer fan I'm using at this time. Are any of you using different fans than bilge pumps with their PVC setup? I definitely need to go with more air circulation. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Running at a VERY slow speed with a PWM controller. Run it at 50% when serving at parties. 4 months going atrong!

I noticed on your build, you ran the 2" PVC just along the back side of your Keezer. Is this enough to handle any frost build up or moisture that might accumulate? I would think that even running the Attwood at low speed would be enough for air circulation. You have a large keezer, any difference in temperature from the bottom to the top?

Thanks for your help BeerBaron, I found a build by "dahappycamper" also, so I think between your two builds I'm heading in the right direction. Ordered my Bilge Blower and PVC parts yesterday and will order a power supply today. I have a ---
"Adjustable Brightness Light Switch Dimmer Controller DC12-24V 8A 96W for Led Strip Light" on hand and will give it a try to adjust the speed.

I noticed on your build, you ran the 2" PVC just along the back side of your Keezer. Is this enough to handle any frost build up or moisture that might accumulate? I would think that even running the Attwood at low speed would be enough for air circulation. You have a large keezer, any difference in temperature from the bottom to the top?
Yes i keep a very slow apeed to have circulation, i increase the speed when serving since the air is drawn from below, hits the lid, and floats over the tap shanks keeping them cold. Plenty of condensation on the faucets outside. No foaming issues at all with 12psi and 10.5ft 3/16 lines!

Back