For the homebrewer who has everything (including lots of $$$ to burn)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersh

Reaction score
I just got an email about a new piece of equipment that my company is selling.... I work in a different division so I have no idea what it costs, but my guess is it's gotta be at least $50K+... I'll be at a convention in a couple weeks where they'll have one, I might have to see if they'll let me beta test one for home use :mug:

GalleryPlus_NoBlur.jpg

Gallery Plus

A new discrete photometric analyzer, the Thermo Scientific Gallery Plus Beermaster is dedicated for beer and wort analysis and quality control. This reliable benchtop system makes a remarkable improvement in sample pretreatment and analysis by automating the labor-intensive and time consuming bitterness testing. Using the same sample, it simultaneously automates the determination of several analytes like beta-glucan and different sugars. Increased efficiency in quality control measurements reduces costs and improves productivity in breweries. The analyzer is fully self contained with no need for external water or drainage connections. Ready-to- use reagents eliminates manual preparation saving time and the unique low-volume cuvette design minimizes reagent waste.

Solve your challenges with the Thermo Scientific Gallery Plus:

Large test menu of nearly 30 tests for beer and wort analysis. The Thermo Scientific system solution includes three different ready-to-use liquids for 360 bitterness tests.

Reduces environmental impact, by using unique disposable low-volume cuvettes combined with minimal reagent usage and low water consumption.

Compact design occupies a small footprint and no need for external water or drainage connections.

Methods used are well known enzymatic and colorimetric chemistries optimized to the result levels of the internationals reference methods, such as ASBC, EBC, and MEBAK.

On-board number of reagent positions is 42 with the flexibility to add reagents at any time without interrupting the on-going analysis. Reagent usage is monitored automatically in real time.

Time saving liquid, ready-to-use, reagents eliminates the need for reagent preparation.

During a normal workload, when several samples are measured a bitterness result is reported every 7 minutes. The on-board sample capacity for the Thermo Scientific Gallery Plus Beermaster is 54.

I would love to see a real life competition between a taster and this machine... A modern day story of John Henry :)

knowing thermo and my experience in the past with some of their products like metal detectors for food...i'd say 100k+ easy

Jersh, going to Pittcon? Knowing Thermo as I do, there is a 50/50 chance of an out of the box error and it goes back for repair.:)

Jersh, going to Pittcon? Knowing Thermo as I do, there is a 50/50 chance of an out of the box error and it goes back for repair.:)

Yes indeed I will be at Pittconn... and I plead the 5th regarding your odds of out of box failure haha

I have sold their products for 15 years, so I am fully aware of their QC/QA issues.

I have sold their products for 15 years, so I am fully aware of their QC/QA issues.

I sell some of their lab reagents and consumables so thankfully I don't have to deal with any of the equipment woes. But I certainly hear plenty about it on a daily basis from my customers who confuse me with the rep for their freezer/centrifuge/incubator/pretty much any other piece of equipment that we sell

Yikes! As a user of scientific equipment from Thermo- is there any company we don't own -Fisher this certainly explains why my -80 has latch problems, my centrifuge is on teh fritz, and my shaker incubator is dead. . . . ;) Then again they're also half the price of the competition at my home institution. Guess you get what you pay for?

Yikes! As a user of scientific equipment from Thermo- is there any company we don't own -Fisher this certainly explains why my -80 has latch problems, my centrifuge is on teh fritz, and my shaker incubator is dead. . . . ;) Then again they're also half the price of the competition at my home institution. Guess you get what you pay for?

I am NOT Thermo or Fisher. I bet if you asked the "other guy" what a price on another -80 would be it wouldn't be half the price, but I agree you do get what you pay for. Sometimes you pay well. Fisher likes to sell you a package, I prefer to offer choice. If you want some Eppendorf, some Binder, some NB, I can help you out. If you buy their package, I hope you like their service guys. Oh well, everyone has a job, but I'm happy I don't have to sell just one product line.

Latest posts

Back