• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland For Sale - 275 - 5 Gallon Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfish

Reaction score
Just thought someone may be interested in buying this. Listed on craiglist in northern Maryland.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/4636390732.html

For Sale - 275 - 5 Gallon Kegs. Can be used for home brewing, water storage, etc. I have roughly 275 of these available. Were previously used for Pepsi Cola premix fountain units. Available singly or buy them all. Make an offer on the entire lot if you're interested in all of them.

sfish

not when you're buying in bulk. 9k would be a ripoff. I wouldn't pay a penny over 6k and that'd be top dollar. Many of those kegs will require rebuilding at a minimum to hold pressure.

If you own a HBS, this might be a great way to make money for you if you've got the space to store them and the energy to rehab them.

You help knowing a starting min. price

Thanks

5. All merchandise posted for sale must have a listed price. List only items you have for sale. Do not buy or sell for non-members.

$60 for a ball lock isn't bad I guess. I could actually go there but I am already committed to pin lock :( I know I could buy conversion kits but then the price is too high.

I think this was a PSA. I could be mistaken, but I thought OP was merely informing us of the CL post. Not selling them himself.

PSA are always good....and you are right about them having to be rebuilt with a new gasket set etc...
Wish there was a price...but man that would be awesome to have that many.

PSA are always good....and you are right about them having to be rebuilt with a new gasket set etc...
Wish there was a price...but man that would be awesome to have that many.

LOL..tell me about it. I already daydreamed. Shipping would be prohibitively expensive though. I do have friends with an LHBS so I'll probably tell them about it anyway...

I think this was a PSA. I could be mistaken, but I thought OP was merely informing us of the CL post. Not selling them himself.

Yes just a small fish informing of the post... thought maybe someone in business could resell these

Im about 30 min from bmore. Wonder about buying 100! What type of deal. I really cant see paying more than 3k for 100. And Im not sure if thats even a great deal then with the rebiuld

Used ball locks are $70 at minimum on west side michigan.. And getting harder.. We l know that..

$25-30 each is great deal.. And jus mix and match parts sell to hd pressure (must of these will jus need new gaskets) and sell em for $10 less than ur lhbs .. I did this with a lot of 50 i bought.. Fixed up 40 out the 50 with the parts of the other 10 and sold them all.. Used that profit to fix up the other ten and still made roughly 1k

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Guess im still on thw fact I paid $40 each shipped and they were all rebuilt with new everything. But that was 4 years ago! Amazing how times have changed. Time to start switching to sanke! I have 9 ball locks now! Looks like I could sell and buy the same amount of sanke

Used ball locks are $70 at minimum on west side michigan.. And getting harder.. We l know that..
Well you could order from Adventures in Homebrewing where the used ball lock kegs are $60 (with a set of gaskets) + their $5 Michigan Shipping.

You can get them from homebrewing.org as cheap if not cheaper anytime and they ship. I buy pin locks from them all the time, 5gal pin locks $125. for 4.

You can get them from homebrewing.org as cheap if not cheaper anytime and they ship. I buy pin locks from them all the time, 5gal pin locks $125. for 4.

The sale is for ball locks though. They run more because they're supposedly in short supply or something like that. $125 for 4....I'd do that all day for ball locks.

I know, I was making a point. They still have Ball locks as well as cheap as $49.99 each. BTW I was able to convert the pins to ball lock by simply unscrewing the valves and swapping. Cost me 9.99 a swap.

I know, I was making a point. They still have Ball locks as well as cheap as $49.99 each. BTW I was able to convert the pins to ball lock by simply unscrewing the valves and swapping. Cost me 9.99 a swap.

True but those are loose handle usually and for me, I only have ball locks for their size which would be defeated if I converted. But I get the point. If these ball locks aren't loose handle and not super destroyed then it may be a good buy overall. Who knows.

Gonna be sitting on those a while at $60 even for ball locks, that's about what MDHB sells them for last I checked, and they'd vouch for the condition. You can get cosmetically questionable pin locks for almost exactly 1/2 that price, shipped (assuming shipping on 4 of them--so, not bulk).

Just hoping fermentnething gets an email notification. I've pmed you a couple times with no answer. Please pm me with an email address so we can communicate better

Just hoping fermentnething gets an email notification. I've pmed you a couple times with no answer. Please pm me with an email address so we can communicate better

Yo Chad, I think if you quote him that may work a little. I haven't seen him around much. :)

Thanks Olga. I was just hoping he'd get the email notification on this and see that i've been trying to get in touch with him. Been sending pm's and thats not working.

Back