Fool-Proof Labelling Jig (3D-Print)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBussy

A Cunning Linguist
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but when I stick a label on crooked, it bugs the hell out of me. I suppose if it's the worst thing that happens while brewing, I'm in good shape.

Still, I wanted a better way to put labels on. Especially if you are using adhesive labels, once they touch the bottle, they are stuck. There are some commercial solutions out there, but by gum, we are homebrewers, and we don't just buy crap! (Well, we do, but that's another thread.)

To address this atrocious state of affairs, I spent hours of my time completely removing any cost-savings even figuring my time was worth minimum wage. This is 'murica and that's the way we roll.

Here is the result (more pics in the link):

1593964166665.png

This device has the following features:
  • Completely 3-D printed, no hardware to purchase
  • Gradations to set the same alignment time after time
  • Non-stick platform to avoid labels getting stuck to jig
  • Canted table to keep bottles from rolling out
  • Handles everything from 12oz beer bottles to magnum bottles
Hopefully, some of you can make use of this. It is a long print, depending on your settings, and it fills a 250mm bed for sure, but I love using it.

A special thanks to @gromitdj for shaming me into learning the most simple things in Tinkercad and not bugging him so much. :D

Back