Following up on my disastrous review: I abuse a bottle of beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdad

Reaction score
You may recall my earlier thread where my beer got destroyed by some pros due to gushing and tasting of soap.

As promised, I tossed a bottle into my hot car for more than a week, then tried it. As promised, I am reporting back on the results.

tl;dr - double you tee eff? My results did not match theirs at all. If you'd like, please feel free to read the entire post.

Sounds like the only explanations left are:

1. You and all your friends and family don't know jack about tasting beer, or

2. These 2 pros don't know jack about tasting beer, or

3. Those 2 and only those 2 bottles somehow got infected. So as unlikely as that would seem, it seems the best way to explain it.

Sounds like the only explanations left are:

1. You and all your friends and family don't know jack about tasting beer, or

2. These 2 pros don't know jack about tasting beer, or

3. Those 2 and only those 2 bottles somehow got infected. So as unlikely as that would seem, it seems the best way to explain it.

You may well be right. Only other thing I can think of is maybe the bottles got shaken baldy in transport to the site. They gushed, and the image of that affected the mental perception of flavor...

...seems a stretch.

Seems like only one solution to resolve the issue once and for all. Send the pro's 2 more bottles and see what they think.

yeah I would see if they would entertain a second tasting.

also do you know how they treated the beer after they received it? did they put it in the fridge for a day or two? you would think as "pros" they would be well aware, but I've seen more bizarre things done by "pro" brewers...

Or #4 the beer was mixed up and they were actually trying someone elses beer???? :D

Or #4 the beer was mixed up and they were actually trying someone elses beer???? :D
No, that's too easy of an explanation. Do not apply Ockham's razor when we could have a lengthy thread full of speculation and discussion instead.

This is my thought. The last comp I entered, this happened to me. They absolutely didn't judge my beer. Brought them another bottle and they agreed, it wasn't my beer and wasn't worthy of the 21 it was given. It wasn't a winner, but it would have scored in the 30s.

Ps: I kind of wish you had just updated your other thread because I subscribed waiting for the results. ;)

Back