Follow that Beer (Belgian) on COOKING Channel right now!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the show is follow that food. But it is based on Belgian Beer. This is Cooking channel, FYI, NOT food network.

They've done Leffe and are at St Bernardes now.

Join Gordon Elliott's journey from Brussels, Belgium to a mighty mug near you. By following the finest hops in Europe into a bottle of Stella Artois used by some of Europe's most talented chefs, Gordon is on the ultimate Beer adventure.

Here's the other air dates.

tune in

* March 06, 2011 8:00 PM
* March 06, 2011 12:00 AM
* March 11, 2011 10:00 PM
* March 11, 2011 2:00 AM
* March 12, 2011 7:00 AM
* March 16, 2011 9:00 PM
* March 16, 2011 1:00 AM
* March 20, 2011 7:00 AM

I'm watching it.. in the first few minutes they were showing ommegang bottles along with belgian lambics and other belgian beers. Not sure what the point of that was, they're supposed to be in Belgium, why would they put an American beer (brewed in the belgian style) in there?

I would call it misinformation as much as a waaaaaaayyyyyy oversimplification. Except the hooey about special coatings on green glass bottles for export.

But it really is one worst examples of trying to explain things in the easiest terms possible. I try to look beyond it and actually enjoy the shots of the maltser, the bottling line, and the different beers being mentioned.

It ain't much but it's better than "the Great Race" or whatever we just flipped from...

I'm watching it.. in the first few minutes they were showing ommegang bottles along with belgian lambics and other belgian beers. Not sure what the point of that was, they're supposed to be in Belgium, why would they put an American beer (brewed in the belgian style) in there?
I would guess that it's an attempt to get the word out that you can find similar styles made in America.

I turned late, but I think it's because they started in the US with Belgian and Belgian style beers, then went to Belgium to explain about it and they are teasing about going back to the streets of New York.

Duvel owns Ommegang.

Hey Revvy..

Thanks for the heads up on that... Missed the first half hour or so.. That beef dish at the end made me hungry as hell.. my mouth was watering for something then, so I went and cooked a souped up Boboli pizza... I wonder if it's possible to make a decent pizza dough from spent grains...

The show that followed, the Food-ology show... that was way cool... It was on the history and science of cocktails if anyone caught it.. Man I'd like to try some of that Bacon bourbon that guy made...

Used to love the tiki bars when I was younger... they had great atmosphere and the ladies dug them...

Back