Foamy pours, flat cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moldmaker

Reaction score
I am now on my 2nd kegged cider. Both have turned out identical, so at least I know I'm consistent; mostly flat, and about 3/4 glass of foam that settles out eventually.

My process:
Transfer backsweetened cider to keg
Apply 30psi for a week
Shut off the gas to the keg
Vent the keg
Apply 10 psi for serving

I've been venting and venting and venting over the last 2 weeks, with no results. I do not have foam in the dispensing line. Maybe a bubble here and there. I have maybe 3' of dispensing line. Read on here that that might be too short. Can someone please explain like I'm 5 years old what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it , please?

Last edited:
Was the 30 psi applied to a chilled keg? What temp is the keg? Read this post I wrote in another thread, in this case the OP wasn't carbing enough, in your case if you'll applying 30 psi to a chilled keg you're likely extremely over-carbed: Keg foam beginner

What size (ID) and type (PVC, etc) is your dispensing line? 1' of 1/4" line per PSI is the rule of thumb.

Back