FNG from Spokane, WA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rub1401

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to jump on here and introduce myself. For the last couple months I've been transitioning from Beer Drinker to Beer Brewer/Drinker. A couple of months ago, I took a trip to San Diego with some family and we wanted to go out and grab a beer. We showed up at the Coronado Brewery. The vibe was cool and the beer was good. After doing some research, we found that San Diego had a TON of micro breweries so each day we made it a point to hit about 2 or 3 of them. All the new beers and different styles had me hooked. I decided at that point, I wanted to brew my own and make my own creations. From there, I started looking at kits which brought me to this website AND also John Palmer's online brewing book. I did some research and got a great kit. After doing some more research, I made sure I had everything that didn't come in my kit and now I'm brewing my first beer (Irish Stout). This new fascination has had me on this site countless times in research for new information. I figured at this point, I may as well introduce myself because I'm sure I'll be on here quite a bit. Here I am. My name is Ruben and I'm a family man. I've been in the military for 13 years and am currently a recruiter. I enjoy sports and beer and now beer brewing. I look forward to interacting with you folks.

Welcome to the hobby from south central Washington (Goldendale), and best of luck. You've come to the right place for a wealth of information, it has been invaluable for me and I'm sure it will be for you as well. Cheers🍻

Thanks Cyclman. I appreciate that. I was pretty impressed by the breweries in SD. I had some great beer while I was there. Can't wait to visit next year!

Welcome aboard. I am pretty new to this too. Did my first Extract in May and moved on to AG 4 brews later.

If you are looking for some local help I highly recommend looking up I.B.U. (Inland Brewers Unite) in the Spokane area. A great group of homebrewers that get together regularly for Brew Sessions and even tours of the local Breweries.

Back