Flat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steturbo

Reaction score
I have bottled my beer 4 days ago, I have just tasted one and there is no gas, do I need to get rid of it or is there any way of fixing it? I'm new to this

4 days is way to soon, "relax.....", give a couple more weeks, depending on how much primer your used and what you used...DME can take a little longer than corn sugar IMO...

I used 2.5ml of granulated sugar per pint bottle, as the instructions said, then left for 4 days then store in a cold room I will leave this for a couple of weeks thank you

I used 2.5ml of granulated sugar per pint bottle, as the instructions said, then left for 4 days then store in a cold room I will leave this for a couple of weeks thank you

The room should be room temperature and yes, 4 days is about 10 days too soon to even wonder about carbonation.

14 days in the bottle at room temp, which is the minimum really, then at least 24 hours in the fridge (this is something people definitely debate but I give it a day at least), and then you can see where you're at.

Size of the bottle, ABV, and temp are definitely factors in carbonation. My 12 oz bottles carbonate faster than my 22 oz bottles and any beer over 8% takes even longer, in my experience.

Thank you I didn't work out the abv I forgot to take the reading only used the hydrometer to see it was ready to bottle tastes quite strong even tho it's flat, thank you again

Back