Flashing STC-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddPEI

Reaction score
A friend made me an STC-1000 to help control the temperature of a freezer. It was working fine for a couple of weeks. But when I got home today, my freezer wasn't cooling (I tested the freezer and plugged it directly to the wall, and it started cooling).

The lights on the STC were all flashing (not just cooling light). When I unplugged the unit and replugged it, the unit starts up normally displaying the temperature and allows me to set and change the temperature and other parameters. But once the freezer is plugged back in, the unit blanks out and starts flashing.

Any ideas why this is happening? how might I be able to fix it?

*Disclaimer: I am not an electrician, but I do have an STC-1000*Can you try the unit with a light instead of the freezer? Maybe you have a amperage overdraw?

I just tried that, and it worked for a while. But, the light isn't on anymore, and the stc is flashing again.

Have you checked all of the connections including the two wires for the temperature sensor? If everything checks good, order a new one.

Looks like my sensor probe was the issue. I detached the wires, and reattached them, and the unit seems to be working perfectly now. I'm letting it go overnight, and I'll see how it is in the morning.

Back