First VA Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
So I started the day by checking on my hops which have been stunted by moving and being confined to a porch. :( They are still making a few little hops for me though. I'm hoping to have enough to dry hop a beer.

Next I went ahead and got to brewing I made a brown ale today, steeping some grains in the first pic.

The cooling went a little faster than normal, I think it was the small sink packed with ice as opposed to the large bucket I used previously. But it was a little tight in the kitchen.

hops.jpg

steeping.jpg

cooling.jpg

Once that was done I went ahead and got the wort in the carboy and pitched my yeast.

Then moved the carboy into the spare bathroom where its fairly cool. I already have a little bit of activity starting up. :ban: Turned out to be a pretty good day and time wise it went about as fast as ever even with it being the first time in the new place.

pitching.jpg

fermenting.jpg

Congrats on a smooth brew day, and with the new place!

Everytime I see a picture of home-grown hops, I curse myself for not getting some rhizomes last spring to try it as well.

Back