First pour and taste from first ever batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HooniverseJeff

Reaction score
So, the wife got me a Mr. Beer for Christmas, and I read everything I could on the forums for advice.

I brewed the Mr. Beer American Devil IPA, let it sit in primary for 21 days, and then moved to the bottles. I primed the entire batch in the Mr. Beer, let it settle, and started filling up the PET bottles.

yDi3b.jpg

My plan was to let the bottles sit for 14 days, but I decided to pull out a tester after one week to see how things were going. Popped it into the fridge for about 48 hours, and then pulled it out last night.

I MADE BEER! WOO HOO! :rockin:

iG6uV.jpg

There wasn't much of a head upon the initial pour, but the flavor was there, and the overall feeling was surprisingly crisp! I filled my glass back up from what was left of the 1-liter bottle, and this time got a decent head, and even saw lacing in the glass as I drank it down.

I'm leaving the rest of the batch for the remainder of the 14-day conditioning period, but I am excited as hell at my first ever batch. (The second batch is already in the Mr. Beer... making the Apfelwein recipe, and I am on the hunt for a five gallon setup).

cxfzl.jpg

Congrats, that's a nice looking brew!
I got a Mr. Beer for Christmas as well (I'm guessing there are a lot of folks with that kind of story this time of year!) and my first batch was the West Coast Pale Ale (w/ added clover honey)
I tried my first a few days ago, and while it's a tasty ale, it's still a bit immature to be sure, and not nearly as clear as yours. Time will tell how well it clears, but I'm a bit jealous :)

Congrats, that's a nice looking brew!
I got a Mr. Beer for Christmas as well (I'm guessing there are a lot of folks with that kind of story this time of year!) and my first batch was the West Coast Pale Ale (w/ added clover honey)
I tried my first a few days ago, and while it's a tasty ale, it's still a bit immature to be sure, and not nearly as clear as yours. Time will tell how well it clears, but I'm a bit jealous :)

Good luck, I'm actually quite surprised at the clarity. Especially because I batch primed right in the Mr. Beer, and then bottled from there.

Latest posts

Back