First mead tester

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure...there's 3 dozen recipes in the Recipe database of this site, under "Mead".

Whoops, thanks. "Watch as I put 5 gallons of honey directly into this one gallon container! Nothing up this sleeve, nothing up this sleeve... Presto!" Can't imagine any other way, ha ha.

And I wanted to refer to the JAOM post in the other thread, not the last one (since that can always change). I can't wait till I get my laptop keyboard repaired. And here's something I meant to post in the other thread yesterday as well:
I used a plastic water jug before, or a sanitized plastic jug that once held cider. (was going fine, until I put in some unsanitzied oak). You can range anywhere from 1-5 pounds of honey per gallon of water. The less honey used, the quicker it will be drinkable. The larger amount of honey would require a significant amount of aging due to the high alcohol content.
There's some other factors involved to, but 1.5 pounds would give you about 5.21 ABV, while 5 pounds about 18% (like a dessert wine).

Back