first kegging tomorrow, question about orings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootay

Reaction score
OK, so i got my kegs from keg connection. Got the keg all nice and cleaned up, just waiting to be sanitized. I got everything taken apart and the new orings put on. The gas in valve has a red plastic tube. It came out when i pushed the poppet out, but i cant get it back in! any suggestions? Also the oring thats on it doesnt fit real snug. Is this common? The replacement orings that i got are different on the gas and liquid tubes as well. The ones that were on there were a bit more bulky? i dont know the best way to describe them. They dont look like normal orings. any help would be great

Adam

I'll put my poppets into the post, and it will stay there but very loosely. I'll then quickly flip it over and put it on the liquid or gas ports, then slowly screw it together. My poppets always work out like this.

About the o-rings; I think my gas and liquid tubes had the same rings up until a few months ago. Even then, their colors went from black to blue and red. My o-rings fit on their tubes and onto the posts just fine...They aren't falling off because they are so tight, but they could be moved around somewhat easily by finger pressure because they are loose enough. YMMV

Back