First brewday "glitch".

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogzbone

Reaction score
Doing a half batch of a pumpkin ale yesterday. BIAB with a 5 gallon kettle. Collected all the wort and got about 10 minutes of boil and then propane runs out. Got more propane but the wort never got back to a full rolling boil, more like a hard simmer. Can't figure out why. I was running out of time so I finished the 60 minute hard simmer, cooled, transferred and pitched my yeast. Target gravity was off but that's not really a big deal for me as I've never hit a gravity I was aiming for anyways. Think it's ok? :confused:

I do my boils on an electric stove right now so they never really reach a full rolling boil to begin with, and aside from one botched fermentation they have all turned out to be good beer so far. :) I personally wouldn't worry about it.

I would agree, even though a rolling boil is preferred as long as it is boiling it should be ok. let us know how it turns out.

Sometimes if I open up the propane tank valve after the regulator is opened up the regulator locks up or something and hardly puts out any volume. the only way I have found to fix it is to shut the tank valve, remove the regulator and there is a good hiss, reconnect and everything works fine after that.

Back