First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoors76

Reaction score
I have had my first brew age in the fermenter for 3 weeks then bottle condintion for 3 weeks beer is great. At this point can I put all the beer in the fridge or should I leave it out at room temp.

Thanks,

Erik :mug:

You leave it at 70 or above (room temp) until it's done carbing and conditioning. WHich is usually 3 weeks, but may be longer. SO at 3 weeks you take a bottle abd put it in the fridge for at least 24 hours, preferably more. Then you check it for taste and carbonation. If its to yourf liking you put as many bottles in the fridge as you want. You don't have to chill them all. You can store the rest at room temp for as long as you want to, chilling only as many at a time as you want. I generally only have 6 of any given beer in the fridge at one time, replacing them as I pull them.

But if it's not carbed or tastes to your liking yet, leave them warm and check them in another week.

CONGRATS ON THE FIRST BREW!!! :mug:
I do the same thing as Revvy. I keep my bottles in the dark, in my basement at about 65 degrees and put just a few in the fridge. Then replace them as I drink them. But really it's up to you, if they are carbonated and conditioned enough then you can shove them all in there... your call.

Back