First Brew Day Was Mostly Successful

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickle29

Reaction score
For my first brew, I brewed the Liberty Cream Ale extract kit from Midwest Supplies. Everything went really well for the most part. I had a couple of boilovers when I got lazy and stopped watching it too closely. My starting gravity was 1.048, just barely missing my target of 1.046. Now my fermenter is sitting in the shower in the basement at a comfortable 69 degrees.

Everything went great yesterday until after the brew. Once the beer was in the fermenter, I proceeded to wash everything and leave it outside to dry. I was called over to my wife's friend's house to help her with some painting and repairs and completely forgot about all my brewing equipment still sitting outside. I only remember as soon as I got home and had to go outside to pick it up in the pouring rain and 50+ mph winds. :smack: I felt so stupid.

Don't feel so bad, sounds like you had a pretty solid brew night/day as long as the winds didn't damage anything then no sweat and prepare for the next brew!

Back