First brew - cooper wheat beer kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcjl28

Reaction score
Hi,

I have done my first brew, Cooper wheat beer kit with Cooper enhancer 1 @ 23 litres. Fermented for 4 weeks at 20°c.

I bottled it yesterday and tasted the beer. It tasted very light. Almost like water. Is this normal and if it is going to improve after carbonation or aging in bottle?

Thank you.

Oops. Sorry. I meant after aging in bottle. The fermentation has completed.

I always find my beers taste watery before fermentation. The flavors develop a lot during and after carbonation. That's my opinion however.

I used that can as part of a quick blue moon clone. Beer was good and not watery.

Biggest thing I have learned in home brewing so far, patience is key to making good beer. Give it some time to carb up, then try it again.

I recommend using DME in place of brew enhancer though.

Thanks for the advice. My second brew is an ipa and I already used 100% dme. The enhancer came with the kit and I want to see the difference between dme n dextrose only. Already planning my 3rd brew before I drank any beer. Finger cross my beer is drinkable...

For the wheat beer, I use the yeast that came with the kit. Does the yeast make a big difference? I am thinking of making a fruit salad pale ale next and will try with some commercial yeast. What yeast should I use?

My wife likes fruity ale. Is Canadian blond a good choice?

Thanks.

Back