first bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dellis0709

Reaction score
im going to start my first botting today and i need to first transfer from my carboy to my bottling bucket but not sure what is the best way, should i just slowly tip the carboy in to the bucket. I made a belgain wit and not sure if i should use corn surgar or just regular table sure. is it a 3/4 of a cup boiled in 1 cup of water for 2-5 min? whats the best way to mix this?

Yes, you correct about the amount of sugar. You should use corn sugar. The best way to mix it is to cool it down to about 70 degrees and slowly pour it into the bottom of your bottling bucket.

Then you want to siphon the beer from your carboy into your bucket. DO NOT pour. Get an autosiphon from your LHBS if you're unsure how to start a siphon with beer. It takes some patience and you should not suck on the hose because it can infect the beer.

+1 on the autosiphon. Not expensive and really necessary for transferring.

:mug:

Back