First Batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeJulieStL

Reaction score
Okay Ive been watching these threads and using the discussions to get the "Cliffs Notes" version of what my brewing books tell me,,,, so thanks a ton to all the experienced brewers out there!

I just moved my first batch from primary (an opaque bucket I hated because I couldnt see my creation!!) to a secondary better bottle after 7 days with a final gravity of .12. Looks good so far, and the smell,,,,,, oh that wonderful smell.

Took a couple shots of my Brewers Best Kolsch. Still have an impossible amount of time before I can bottle much less drink. Meanwhile Ill continue with my bottle creation drinking 50 Schlafly Unfiltered Wheat and Dry Hopped Pale Ales before my little yeasty friends are ready for their new homes.

When I lifted the better bottle I noticed some of the Vodka/Water mixture dumped in beer from the airlock, is this going to affect my finished product at all? There might* have been 1/2 a tablespoon in the entire mixture so perhaps 1/2 teaspoon might have made it on.

Hows the color?

3206822027_c410cc2191.jpg

Too much space left?

3206821965_0f6b189096.jpg

Left over hops, little turd pellets wouldnt filter out of my wort!

3207667636_fd1d61a92a.jpg

Congrats on your first brew!:mug: As far as the vodka/water getting sucked in, don't worry about it. If anything it will give your brew a little kick, but probably not much.

Back