First batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGCUNN60

Reaction score
So I have just started to enjoy my very first batch of home brew. An American Amber Ale. It has been bottle carbing in the basement for just over 3 weeks. I tried a mesh hop ball purchased from Midwest supply during cooking my wort. After removing the hop ball it appeared that the outside of the ball had almost a caramelization around it and the pellets had formed a solid mass inside. Wasn't very confidant that the hops were incorporated into my beer. I pitched my aromatic hops directly in the wort the last 5 mins of boil though. I think this was a very positive learning experience for myself. I love this beer! It has a maltier/sweeter? Taste to it. It is very refreshing and easy drinking! Seeing that nice head form in my frosted glass was very rewarding.

image-2604253448.jpg

Congrats on the first success! Try starting flavor hop additions at 20 minutes with 2oz of hops. Even better for pale/amber ales. I do 1oz at 20,another ounce at 12 or 15. Works well for some flavor poppin.

Back