First batch finished last week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesheperd

Reaction score
Okay guys, so when I bottled and primed last week it tasted great! Opened another the next day and was great. But now a week later the flavor has almost dissepered completely and all I can taste is an alcohol flavor/: in the beginning I didn't have my swamp cooler for two days.. What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I think it would be Fusel alcohol? /: ugh first batch is a fail:( the first couple days tasted amazing!!

Okay guys, so when I bottled and primed last week it tasted great! Opened another the next day and was great. But now a week later the flavor has almost dissepered completely and all I can taste is an alcohol flavor/: in the beginning I didn't have my swamp cooler for two days.. What happened?

Judging flavor a week after bottling is interesting but you will not really know what the beer is going to be like until 2-3 weeks at 70-75F.

Wait! Give it another week or two or three conditioning/priming at room temperature. Taste it every few days, you'll see it's improving. Then move them to the fridge. They will continue to improve with a couple of weeks cold conditioning, and you'll also notice the chill haze drops out.

I'd say something about temperature controlling your fermentation, but your OP shows you've already figured that out for next time.

Back