First 5 gallon batch, tastes amazing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CidCitrus

Reaction score
I just tried my first non-Mr. Beer brew and it certainly exceeded my expectactions. It was the Rye Pale Ale from Brewers Best. I've been lurking on this site for a few months now and I must say all of the info on here has been really helpful. Special thanks to Revvy's bottling tips thread, saved me a lot of time and frustration for very little cost. Have a Brewers Best IPA fermenting now, excited to see how this one comes out. Thanks for all the info, :mug:

-Curt

I definitely won't, i've been wanting to brew for years but never had a place to do it and now i'm obsessed. SWMBO's already tired of hearing about it

How did you not go crazy waiting for your first batch of beer? I'm having trouble keeping my mind of that damn bucket. I find myself peeking at it like 3 times every hour I am home. :eek:

I already did a few Mr. Beer batches and an Apfelwein so i got most of my impatience out already. Also I do it at my friend's house so I can't check it on it anytime I want. We split costs for ingredients and split the beer.... which is a good and a bad thing haha

I just made my first batch 3 weeks ago and it is also a Brewers Best IPA kit. I let it sit in primary for 3 weeks and just bottled it today. Got a little taste of it and it was more bitter than I thought, even for an IPA. But we'll see if it mellows out a little after bottle conditioning. I'm very excited to give it a try in 2-3 weeks!

How did you not go crazy waiting for your first batch of beer? I'm having trouble keeping my mind of that damn bucket. I find myself peeking at it like 3 times every hour I am home. :eek:

Brew more. I wore out the basement steps on my first brew. Now I pretty much don't even think about it until 3 weeks. Some brews go even longer.

Brew more. I brewed 4 batches before I even tasted my first. NowI have a lot of beer around so I can just let it age and pick what I want to drink.

They all taste better with age.

The hardest part of brewing is learning the art of patience

Congrats Tbnguy :mug: and beergolf i brew in gloucester city and i go to byob and keg and barrel for supplies, do you ever frequent either place?

I just made my first batch 3 weeks ago and it is also a Brewers Best IPA kit. I let it sit in primary for 3 weeks and just bottled it today. Got a little taste of it and it was more bitter than I thought, even for an IPA. But we'll see if it mellows out a little after bottle conditioning. I'm very excited to give it a try in 2-3 weeks!
When I brewed that kit, my brother and I both thought the beer was pretty bad at 2-3 weeks in the bottle. I figured it to be "brat beer", but come week 5 or 6, it turned out very nice. At this point, I won't touch a beer until 4 weeks or longer in the bottle.

Back