Firestone Sold to Duvel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duvel already owns Boulevard and Ommegang, right? Haven't seen any major changes within those two breweries since they've been bought.
Not a negative thing, but Firestone was the 15th biggest brewery in America in 2013, and have been expanding ever sense. They have the main brewery & restaurant, then barrelworks and restaurant, and are building another in Venice. Didn't think they would be looking for extra capital.

Not a negative thing, but Firestone was the 15th biggest brewery in America in 2013, and have been expanding ever sense. They have the main brewery & restaurant, then barrelworks and restaurant, and are building another in Venice. Didn't think they would be looking for extra capital.
I wonder if they're doing this strictly for the distro arm. Their release seems to indicate they want more people consuming their beer outside of California, but they don't have the means to do so.

Which is pretty funny, since it seems like CA gets the short end of the stick when it comes to distro from them.

I wonder if they're doing this strictly for the distro arm. Their release seems to indicate they want more people consuming their beer outside of California, but they don't have the means to do so.

Which is pretty funny, since it seems like CA gets the short end of the stick when it comes to distro from them.
They can't fulfil their current accounts, I doubt it is to get into more states. This is to brew more beer. They have been contract brewing 805 in San Jose for a while, so they just need to make more beer to meet demand.

http://beerpulse.com/2015/07/firest...duvel-moortgat-combine-companies-in-usa-3970/

“The most important thing that we can do for Firestone Walker is to help David and Adam manage the exponential growth that their team and their brewery is experiencing right now by providing financial and production capacity to support them,” said Simon Thorpe, President of Duvel Moortgat USA. “We are not integrating our organizations. Both Boulevard and Ommegang are also enjoying tremendous success and we still have much to do in realizing our dream for both these breweries.”

Duvel already owns Boulevard and Ommegang, right? Haven't seen any major changes within those two breweries since they've been bought.
Nothing but positive changes from Boulevard in the last year or so.
More good to great seasonal offerings
Several canned beers
Bigger quantities of limited/seasonal beers

http://beerpulse.com/2015/07/firest...duvel-moortgat-combine-companies-in-usa-3970/

“The most important thing that we can do for Firestone Walker is to help David and Adam manage the exponential growth that their team and their brewery is experiencing right now by providing financial and production capacity to support them,” said Simon Thorpe, President of Duvel Moortgat USA. “We are not integrating our organizations. Both Boulevard and Ommegang are also enjoying tremendous success and we still have much to do in realizing our dream for both these breweries.”
If this means I can buy pallets of Easy Jack and Pivo Pils, and then I am so ****ing in.

I'm curious if this is the same as Boulevard or different. Duvel bought a majority stake in Boulevard. I don't see language specifically saying that here - just this vague **** about "combining companies." Leads me to believe this is a somewhat different type of arrangement, but it's hard to know and obviously i'm just speculating.

I'm curious if this is the same as Boulevard or different. Duvel bought a majority stake in Boulevard. I don't see language specifically saying that here - just this vague **** about "combining companies." Leads me to believe this is a somewhat different type of arrangement, but it's hard to know and obviously i'm just speculating.
Yeah, and being 2 private companies nobody will ever know the whole story.

That being said I just read the Boulevard announcement and they use virtually the same language about "combining." I bet your title for this thread is most likely accurate.
Oh yeah. No way a company as big as Duvel "merges" with Firestone. This is all about keeping the small town craft label.

Send all the Succubus and Pairrabollocks and Stinkee Monkee my way...then they'll be fine. We'll all be fine.

They make other beers. That's why they'll be fine.

Also, i won $20 on a bet with this news.

Nothing seems like it will change. Other than the parent company will be getting dat cash from Firestone's clearly expanded growth that was unsustainable for themselves.

I also doubt we will see much of the barrel stuff distributed elsewhere and it's more along the lines of 805 everywhere. Which isn't that bad of a fall out from this.

Back