Finally got to open one!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboys3

Reaction score
well after a break from brewing of about 16 years, I finally got to crack open one of the pilsner's I brewed in mid Febuary. Wow That's what I am talking about! I forgot how good homebrew could taste. I know it's only been in the bottle for 3 weeks, so I know it will get even better, but it is great at this point allready. I have a american lager lagering @ 34-35 degrees right now and can't wait to try that. So what do I try Next? I just want to get something else going. I'm ready woo-hooo

flyboys3

I would suggest a british style brown ale - lot less bitter than an american brown ale. They go down easy in warmer weather.

Nice. Welcome back to the hobby! You doing All Grain or extract?

Pilsner was extract, the american lager was extract with speciality grains. Someday I will move on to all grain. I remember sampleing the pilsner before I bottled it and thought it tasted nasty and whould not turn out very good at all, man was I wrong. Paitence is not something that comes natural for me so it was hard to wait the 3 weeks for conditioning, it was worth it though!

Wow, Ok!!! Welcome back. I'm back after 14 years. I'm still waiting to bottle my nut brown ale.

But I remember that the one and only pilsner I made tasted so bad after a week and two weeks in the bottle that I was about to throw all of them out. Good thing I was busy and forgot about them, because after about 7 weeks, went I did get around to dumping them, I tried one before I started dumping them and was blown away by the change for the better. It turned out to be one of the best beers I had ever brewed.

But that Saaz sure did give me a headache!:drunk:

Back