Festa Brew Cream Ale - Quick Fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtmwhyte

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had one of these kits ferment in 5 days. I'm going to leave it for a while yet to let the yeast clean up, but I'm not sure if this is a bad thing. I snuck a pic from inside the primary for reference.

rookiesorbust

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk144/rookiesorbust/?action=view&current=SAM_1790.jpg

Though it may APPEAR that fermentation is done, the yeast may actually be still working away and making your beer better, actually.

Let the brew sit for a total of 3-4 weeks in the primary, then transfer to your bottling bucket with the priming sugar already dissolved into pre-boiled water. Let the bottles condition in a warmish room for another few wees, then refrigerate for 2 days, and enjoy.

I have made that beer and though I don't recall the fermenting characteristics I know I quite enjoyed it. Those kits are fantastic, I would say. Last summer I enjoyed the Prairie Wheat on warm days and over the winter tried out their Pale Ales.

B

Some of my first extract kits finished the obvious signs of fermentation in a couple days. That didn't mean that the yeast was done and from later signs it definitely was not. The flavor of the beer wasn't really good and the fact that the bottles overcarbonated to the point that when I poured I got an inch of beer in a 16 ounce glass with the rest being foam. Now I have learned to keep my fermentation temperatures down and let it have time to complete the ferment before I bottle and the beer tastes so much better.

Back