Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windowliquor

Reaction score
So after a week my mash quit bubbling. I have it a week to clear (settle) when I opened it to run it I discovered a yellowish crust like floating on top and bubbling again. Now it smells and taste a little like beer. So what to do-wait for it to stop again or strain it and run it now????
HELP!!šŸ˜¬

can you check the gravity with a hydrometer?

Bubbles aren't necessarily a sign of fermentation... change in temperature or pressure can cause CO2 to out gas...

Best way is check gravity about 3 days apart... if you get the same number and it's around where you expect it to be, then fermentation is complete...

If fermentation is not complete, it won't hurt anything to run it now, but you'll; be leaving behind sugars that could be turned into alcohol.... So you get less out of the run than you would otherwise

That makes sense. A pretty good storm just rolled in so I know there was a pretty good pressure change. So itā€™s in the pot now

Latest posts

Back