fermentation temp control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejuanald

Reaction score
So I have a question. Now that it's getting colder, and I wanted to make a fermentation chamber in the near future, I thought I might just get a two stage temp controller and make something to heat the carboy. I saw somewhere on here that somebody bought some sort of wrap (it seemed like a bunch of thin strips of something) that I could use, but I can't for the life of me think of what it is. Does anyone have any idea what I'm thinking of, or am I insane?

It isn't fermwrap, I think it might have been like an amphibian aquarium heater or something. If nothing comes up, that fermwrap could work. Thanks

I used a fermwrap in my chest freezer last season when it got down to the 40's out in my garage and it kept the carboy in the low 60's without running constantly.

I had a small aluminum frame welded up and put a reptile heater cable on it and the whole contraption slides right into my freezer. works like a charm! the wraps really only work with glass as they can melt plastic if things go bad....most sites have that caveat on them...

Back