Fermentation stopped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osmoluch

Reaction score
Hello, two months ago i started fermenting mead. I used 6l of water and 4l of honey and did 2 bottles of 5l. I added yeast and it slowly started to ferment. Today i wanted to separate mead and yeast on the bottom, and i checked BLG. In first it was 20BLG, and in second it was 25BLG. What to do now? It taste sweet, its not rotten or something. How to save this? Sorry for bad english:)

Do you have a hydrometer to check specific gravity (SG)?

I’m not sure what BGL is a measurement of.

That's a massive mead. 1.179 fermented dry would be ~23%ABV. As it sits, the 1083 is roughly 13%. The yeast has probably quit.

What kind of yeast? Did you add nutrients? What temp has it been sitting at? Controlled or fluctuating with the weather?

Yeast was still working but very slowly. Yeast was saccharomyces bayanus (i don't think you will find them) They have tolerance to 18%. I used Nutrients at first and third day. Temp was ~21-22 Celciuses

Latest posts

Back