fermentap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know anything about purging from primary to secondary but I do have one of these.

Here is my initial review:
Eric_Duel said:
I bought one and used it for my last beer. It works well enough if you work within its limits. As stated, the sides are not really steep enough to get all of the sediment out, but it will get most of it. You also have to be very careful that it doesn't get clogged because once it does, you're in for an unpleasant time. It is a must to drain the sediment within the first 24 hours, even better if you filter the wort beforehand.
It does come with a stand which will hold up the filled carboy, but put it somewhere it can't get knocked over as it isn't increadibly stable. It's just one of the drying racks.
If you work with it, it eliminates racking and makes bottling a breeze.
I will probably use it again, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I've done 3 brews since then and still haven't used it again. It's definetely your preference, but I'm not sure I would buy it again. I may yet use it again though.

My friends and I tried using this system for a few brews, we also decided it was more trouble than it was worth. You have keep checking to make sure to doesn't get clogged up.

Thanks.

My thoughts were, if it's as good as it looks, then why have I not seen more people using it and it seem quite a low price.

I think I'll leave it and do things things the right way up.

Latest posts

Back