Faucet Adaptor for Garden Hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SevenBirch

Reaction score
I wanted to share my new snap-on setup for attaching garden hose to the kitchen sink.

The pictures should be enough to pretty much explain how in works....
The specialty aerator works like the regular aerator on the faucet, stay on all the time; looks about like a regular aerator. The adapter easily snaps on and off of the aerator to allow you to attach any female garden hose end you'd like to put on the faucet.

I did a lot of internet searching for what seemed like the easiest way to use bottle sprayer, wort chiller on my kitchen sink. Also works great for garden hose inside in the winter when cleaning/filling my fish tank. Might save others some time if you can see what I have, if this looks good to you I got all of the equipment shown at williamsbrewing.com

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think!

bottle sprayer.jpg

faucet aerator.jpg

snap-on hose adaptor.jpg

snap-on adaptor installed.jpg

I did the same thing with my jet cleaner and wort chiller when I was brewing in the kitchen. I bought my coupler at Home Depot. It is a portable dishwasher hookup. It works great.

I was going to buy this wort chiller but I was concerned about not being able to hook it up inside. Just to be clear, will this coupler make it possible to hook up to the sink?

2FFEWWY.jpg

A coupler for a portable dishwasher (one that is not built in) is made to screw on to your sink faucet. You will need to buy a nipple that has the proper threads for you sink faucet. The other end of the coupler is attached to your water-in hose. I believe that it has a quick disconnect end to attaché to the nipple in the sink faucet and hose thread for a garden hose. So you will need a garden hose connector (the female connector) attached to your immersion water-in hose which should screw onto the quick disconnect coupler for the hose. You should be able to fans all the necessary hardware to make it work at your local Home Depot or Lowes.

Mark

I was going to buy this wort chiller but I was concerned about not being able to hook it up inside. Just to be clear, will this coupler make it possible to hook up to the sink?

Yes, this setup will allow you to easily connect your wort chiller or anything eles with a female garden hose end to the sink. If you want the quick connect you need to get both the special aerator and snap on coupler. It will not work with the regular aerator already on your faucet. You can get both at most any hardware store in the dishwasher connections section, or from some homebrew stores. Links and pics are in the previous posts.

Good luck chilling in the kitchen!

I have a little plastic threaded kitchen sink to 3/4" male adapter. Unscrew the aerator on the sink, screw in the plastic adapter, then attach the 3/4" female end from the wort chiller hose (or any other 3/4" hose) to it. I think it set me back 79 cents. It's not quick connect/disconnect, but I can spend the ten seconds of time to screw and unscrew an aerator.

I have a little plastic threaded kitchen sink to 3/4" male adapter. Unscrew the aerator on the sink, screw in the plastic adapter, then attach the 3/4" female end from the wort chiller hose (or any other 3/4" hose) to it. I think it set me back 79 cents. It's not quick connect/disconnect, but I can spend the ten seconds of time to screw and unscrew an aerator.

I was going to go that route, but swmbo didn't like it. "It'll wear out the threads unscrewing it all the time", she says. Just depends on how often you brew and/or how lazy you are.

Back