Faucet adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gack

Reaction score
Hi gang. I bought a Grainfather, love it so far, but I have one thing I'd like to do, and that's connect the counter-flow chiller to my kitchen faucet instead of running a garden hose in from the nearest kitchen window.

I've attached a picture of my faucet. The adapters that came with the Grainfather work great for my Garden hose, and even the faucet in the small bathroom adjacent to the kitchen, but I'd really love a way to attach to this braided hose that connects to my telescoping faucet. Surely I'm not the only one with this type of faucet and someone has a solution? :)

Thanks in advance guys!

20170318_122054.jpg

There may be an easier solution but I would try one of two things. First would be to see if there's an online manual that specifies the size and thread pitch of the fitting on your braided hose that connects to the faucet. The next thing I would do would be to turn off the water below the sink and unscrew that braided hose and bring it with me to the hardware store and find a fitting that'll work.

You should be able to use a crescent wrench to remove just the aerator / flow restrictor on the end of your faucet (can't see it in the pic). If you have an adapter that works in the bathroom sink, it might screw into the aerator threads. I'd guess that aerator will use male M24x1 threads (metric). 24mm diameter, 1mm thread pitch.

On many of those faucets the aerator threads are deep inside the spray body, making them inaccessible to screw in an adapter. But you could try and see if you're lucky with yours.

I'd say @DrinksWellWithOthers solution is the easiest. I take the whole spray head off, leaving the braided hose with the threaded fitting. A 1/2" inch MPT barb screws right in.

I tried taking the head off of the braided hose and took the head up to my local home Depot to try to find something that would fit in, then figured I could the build it out to fit the faucet adapter. Alas, nothing at home Depot that I was able to find fit. Either slightly off diameter or threads didn't align.

Perhaps I need to go to another hardware store?

Another option I am considering is shutting the water off and adding in t-connector with another shut off valve and attaching that in the cold water supply line.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll let you know how it goes, but any other suggestions are welcome still.

I was in the same boat. I have a bathroom a few feet away and the shower head is 1/2 NPT, I can unscrew it by hand, and screw on a garden hose (with 1/2" NPT fitting, not garden hose thread). That's what worked for me

Reviving an old thread, but what about me? Having problems connecting any of the 3 faucet adapters for my cold in on my grainfather chiller. Here is my pfister faucet. If you can link parts if you know something that would work that would be great!

Attachments

• 20220514_203620.jpg
    20220514_203620.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220514_203626.jpg
    20220514_203626.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 62af754ded811a095106ce8fc8f7836cdb5a8c5f__34529.1594063811.png
    62af754ded811a095106ce8fc8f7836cdb5a8c5f__34529.1594063811.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 0
Go underneath where the supply lines are you can tee off the valve, there’s probably one for the dishwasher, if you have one, ice maker for the fridge , if you have it, but there are a bunch of splitters to run 1,2 3 extra lines. Put another supply line with a 1/2 strait valve

Back