Father-in-law distroyed kegerator... Kind of

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jplowe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to share an event that happened while moving to a new city. My father-in-law thought he was being helpful when he decided to move my Kegerator. The only thing I told my wife no one could touch. So he ripped the liquid line off the perclick tap and sprayed beer all over the room until he tied the line in knots and screwed a screw down the center to control the liquid. Leaving beer on the bottom with my tap, kegs and 5 lb co2 tank. I found out after I saw the Kegerator in the U-Haul and didn't know until this weekend whether or not the CO2 regulator was busted or if all my Hardware was Rusty on the bottom. It's been a year since that happened but after cleaning it doesn't look too bad and everything seems to be working.

Decided to brew up my first batch in my new home this weekend so I'm cleaning kegs, replacing seals and lines and I'm super excited to get back into brewing again. Also trying out the anvil foundry is going to make things way easier this weekend as well.

I wish I took the picture before I started cleaning. Took off moldy insulation and cleaned sides and top shelf of kegerator. Oh and yes the tap wasn't released so opening it up spilled nasty beer right out.

20200802_160121.jpg
20200802_155317.jpg

My FIL Knows not to mess with the son in law who ferments things...he loves his hard ciders and wheat beers too much to do anything stupid LoL

No real harm or foul though so good on you but I agree with @day_trippr no libations for awhile as punishment!

Back