Fargo, gosh darn it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
we can compare it to the movie, but the TV show definitely needs a thread.

& I'll start off saying it would be CRIMINAL to not include Molly Solverson (Allison Tolman) in a 2nd season

I would like Malvo (Billy Bob) but he killed the dog.

& Lester Nygaard is the new Heisenberg

Great show, watched the most recent 2 episodes last night. Malvo's gotta find out that Lester's the guy who ratted him out somehow, no? Lester's on borrowed time!

My fiance & I are loving this show, definitely has the same ambiance as the movie. Only gripe is they keep showing the Calgary skyline in the Duluth scenes. These cities look nothing alike, not sure why they bothered super imposing the lift bridge in an early scene then continue to show Calgary...

As someone who used to actually live in Fargo, I just can't quite bring myself to watch this... I'm sure it's good, but I just can't.

As someone who used to actually live in Fargo, I just can't quite bring myself to watch this... I'm sure it's good, but I just can't.

if you liked the movie, I think you'll like the show.

speaking of the movie. right before Jean Lundegaard is kidnapped, she's watching a cheesy local talk show on TV. "We want all of you to come with"

(first 30 seconds of the clip)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen the movie but LOVE the show. I cant believe that more people dont want to discuss. I love OP's comparison of nygard and hiesenburg.

Lester and Malvo trying to out-evil each other. I honestly thought Malvo was just a malevolent sh*t-stirrer, but now I think he really is Satan: "best pie i've had since the garden of eden."

has there been any point where Malvo is aware of Molly and that she's on to him? I think she's in his blind spot and will be his undoing.

Freeman, Thornton and Tolman are just friggin great in this.

Back