ez boil PID

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arbe0

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has used the ez-boil DSPR310D PID (power regulator) from Auber instruments. It looks like it does it all as far as controlling the mash and boil. Maybe too much control after setting it up to make it automated?

The DSPR320 is the newer model at the same price (currently lower on sale). If you just need tight mash temp control and easy boil regulation, get the DSPR120, which I did. The 320 adds a programmable timer with mash step setting (I do it manually, its not a big deal), and output relays for alarms etc. In my opinion, these boil/mash controllers are well designed, easy to use, and the rotary knob makes temp setting a snap.

I love them. Mash runs on its own and alarms notify you when it’s going to the next step. The boil side lets you program all the hop additions and you get alarm notifications. Built in timer is great.

I guess I am not really concerned about the boil, just was wondering if the mash side does all of it without touching it after it is progamed for the different mashs. How well it works and the Pros and cons.

It's excellent. No cons unless you compare it to the programmability of something like the Blichmann Brewcommander. Since you don't have a color touch screen, there's a learning curve to navigating the menus. Once you get it, no problem.

I personally like the DSPR-120 for its ease of use. You can't program automated schedules but in the rare cases where I want to step, I just use the timer to alert me when to change the set point temp.

Back