External wrap/installation for PVC pipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Eagle

Reaction score
Thanks for the help on my last question. I am doing a through the wall tap setup from my keezer. I have a wood collar already installed. Now what I am going to do is run two (2 inch diameter) PVC pipe sections into an insulated box mounted on the wall to keep the lines/taps cold. The one PVC run will hold two beer tap lines and the other will have a fan on the top of it just circulating air flow in the box.

My question is there will be about 1.5-2 ft of PVC pipe outside of the keezer spanning from the wood collar to "keg tap box." Should I wrap the PVC pipe in anything to keep that cold? TIA

Not real sure what you have in mind for a finished look but if you have the room I would use some 4" PVC, slip the 2" inside and center them. Than fill the cavity between the two with a can of expandable spray foam insulation.

But yes they should be insulated.

Not real sure what you have in mind for a finished look but if you have the room I would use some 4" PVC, slip the 2" inside and center them. Than fill the cavity between the two with a can of expandable spray foam insulation.

But yes they should be insulated.
That is a great idea. Do you have a recommended foam to use or just anything from the big box stores?

Back