Even cheaper DIY line cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanwelam

Reaction score
Guys...

I've seen plenty of posts about beer line cleaners, and they all seemed fairly cheap and easy. The pump is a smart idea, but I found something that came up even cheaper, and has less moving parts to worry about.

I picked up one of these today from the LHBS:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003V5EY44/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It's designed to carbonate stuff in a 2 liter soda bottle.

I took an empty soda bottle and filled it with cleaner. I added on the connector to the top of the bottle. My beer lines are threaded, as are my gas lines. I took a gas line connector and threaded it onto the beer lines, then attached it to the top of the 2 liter bottle. I turned it upside down and squeezed the bottle... Voila! Beer lines cleaned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lines don't get very clean by running such a small volume of cleaner through them. I know it's a drag spending $20 on a pond pump, but recirculating the cleaning solution for 15 minutes per faucet is really the best way to go.

Lines don't get very clean by running such a small volume of cleaner through them. I know it's a drag spending $20 on a pond pump, but recirculating the cleaning solution for 15 minutes per faucet is really the best way to go.

+1. Pond pump is the way to go to clean lines properly.

I have done the same for a few years. I soak hot oxyclean through it for a while and then squeeze a bottles through and then rinse.

Latest posts

Back